Pivnick's Picks 1/20/12
It's been a little over a week since the last edition of Pivnick's Picks. In that week the Isles have gone 3-2. Not too shabby.
Anyway, here's some of the best Islanders related articles from The Checking Line and from around the web.
From The Checking Line:
- "It Was A Special Hockey At Nassau Coliseum". Rob talks about Special Hockey Day at the Coliseum and how it has a personal impact on him.
- "The Couch With Erol Bal". The 3rd edition of Erol Bal's "On The Couch" series continues and he answers your questions and asks some of his own.
- "Islanders Get Road Win At Washington". John Link gives his thoughts on the Islanders 3-0 over the Washington Capitals.
- "14th Time's The Charm!- Islanders Ground Flyers 4-1". John Madonia discusses the Islanders first win at Philadelphia in 14 tries.
- "Sound Tiger Suspected of Theft". Check out Mike Flannery's read on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and how passing has become a huge part of their game.
Evan Pivnick (Myself)
- "Isles Shut Down By Preds Defense". I talk about the Islanders 3-1 loss on Martin Luther King, Jr. day to the Nashville Predators.
Highlights of the Week:
- Watch Evgeni Nabokov completely rob Detroit's Val Filppula!
From Around the Web:
- Check out Eric Hornick's "The Skinny". In this post, he talks about the Islanders history with the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Hockey This Week's Tony Stabile discusses the never ending Rick DiPietro saga in his latest article.
- Islanders Hockey Blog's Christian Arnold reports on Islanders' forward John Tavares being selected to the All-Star game.
Follow Me on Twitter! - @EvanPivnickNYI